What is unity in the body of Christ and how do we achieve this unity?
First, we must recognize that our understanding of what unity is and how to achieve it, is not God’s understanding of what unity is. God’s ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9) and the wisdom of the world is foolish in the eyes of God (1 Corinthians 3:19).
Unity in the body of Christ is not found when people agree on and act on the same thing.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/2_corinthians/6.htm
- Ephesians 5:1-20 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/ephesians/5.htm
- Matthew 7:15-23 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/matthew/7.htm
Unity in the body of Christ is found when we come under submission to the Head, which is Christ Jesus.
This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of mankind.
- Ephesians 4:1-10 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/ephesians/4.htm
- Ephesians 1:3-14 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/ephesians/1.htm
- John 17:20-23 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/john/17.htm
- Colossians 1:15-23 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/colossians/1.htm
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-13 — http://biblehub.com/bsb/1_corinthians/12.htm
Don’t be deceived by those workers of darkness who come in the name of a false Jesus and who are preaching a false unity.
Focus on what matters — a relationship with your Heavenly Father, something that is only made possible because of Jesus Christ — and allow His Spirit to transform you, bringing you under submission to Jesus Christ.
This is where unity is found: not in following mankind, but in following Jesus Christ and allowing His Spirit to bring us into true unity.